What is it all about

Mainly about, photography from around the world and comments on everyday life. Also check out my website here and many of my travel and other various photos here on Flickr. The map below shows you where we have been over the past few years.

Hover Your Mouse Over The Green Bits!!




Wednesday, 10 October 2007

ABC - Wednesday "L" Is For Lake Louise And Lunch

First things first, I have created a new video blog, link on the left. Using You Tube I will post all of my favourite music videos by group if possible, you may care to take a look. I will be posting a video of a band I used to be in soon, Watch This Space.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A bit like Mike (of Jangle Jangle and Photoxication) I too have been a little short of time to contribute any posts apart from last weeks ABC- Wednesday. I have interviews coming out of my ears but still no positive feedback, therefore I am still in limbo land where the job front is concerned.


So what is this weeks contribution, well it's a slightly mixed bag. I am continuing the Canada -Alaska theme because as previously stated there is a wealth of material. So, the first few photos are of Lake Louise in the Banff area of Canada. It is certainly worth clicking on the link to get an appreciation of this area of natural beauty. You may also wish to click on the Banff link for an insight of this area.

At the end of the Lake Louise set there is another small set of a lunch I prepared for myself a couple of days ago. I call it "Salmon Salad A Go Go" or more commonly termed "lunch"

Enough of the chit chat for now, let me show you the photographs.

A casual ski lift gondola ride from The Lake Louise Interpretive Centre takes us to a viewpoint of Lake Louise and it's surrounding mountains, a sight that brings out the Wow Factor in us.

This is a view of the top of Fairview Mountain taken from the gondola, not an easy shot to keep steady.


The next 3 shots are of Lake Louise (which can be seen way down in the valley) surrounded by what I consider some of the wonderfully lit Rocky Mountains. You may be able to catch a glimpse of the Lake Louise Inn which overlooks the lake.


This next view is from lakeside looking back at the Lake Louise Inn


Moving on, this is a shot of another nearby lake called Moraine Lake And The Valley Of The 10 Peaks, as you may have guessed there are 10 peaks surrounding the lake.


Finally, a photograph taken from outside our room at the Lake Louise Lodge with sunrise just lighting the mountain tops with a beautiful golden tint.


Now for lunch, first 2 shots: meal prepared and ready to eat. Description: Alaskan Sockeye Salmon in white wine vinegar; a blend of red, yellow and green capsicums; a layered combination of thinly sliced tomato and cucumber; raw carrot on slices of cathedral city cheese; a handful of silverskin pickled onions; all served on a bed of iceberg lettuce.


What have I done, Oh! no, I have destroyed the aesthetics by introducing lashings of Heinz salad Cream (Mmmmmmmmmmm).


Finally, finally, finally, the end, I could not quite manage it all.


On more wafer-thin-mint Mr. Creosote

16 comments:

Mike said...

The photo with the boats in the foreground is a cracking shot. The lunch looks revolting..... way too healthy for my liking.

I'm down the pub at 4 o'clock with Loz if you fancy a pint :)

Peter M said...

Cheers Mike, will be down around 7.30 if you are still there

Hyde DP said...

The lake is spectacular, a bit like Norway but more rugged.

no comment on lunch!

Peter M said...

Gerald cheers, have left a comment on your blog

kml said...

The image with the canoes is beautiful! Enjoyed your Lake Louise series!

Ali said...

Peter, fab photos, I love the landscape. Lunch looked very healthy, but the Heinz salad cream... it's a must isn't it!!

Neva said...

What stunning views of the lake and the mountains!..and lunch..well, it cetainly looked good!!!

KMF said...

nice photos

mrsnesbitt said...

I have just returned home after a day teaching! I am starving! I think I will have a nice sald! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Oh....now I have seen the video!

(Green face here! LOL!)

RUTH said...

Love your photos....beautiful scenery and the Lunch looks yummy!! Good luck with your horseradish plant; I'm sure it will thrive. Having some roast beef myself tonight but no homemade horseradish sauce :o(

Andrea said...

Beautiful pictures of the LAKE. And the LUNCH looks or looked pretty yummy too.

photowannabe said...

I have wonderful memories of visiting that beautiful Lake too. You have captured the essence of the area in all of your shots.
Your salad lunch looks good and healthy. I'm hungry now...that's not fair.
Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. Come back anytime.

Max-e said...

I have really been enjoying you Canadian series Peter. You have opened up a new world for me. Great pictures of the scenery

WalksFarWoman said...

Breath taking scenery of a place I'll never see. It must be amazing to point that camera in any direction and take a winning shot.

Most colourful lunch I've seen in a long time but I'd have to turn it into a salmon fish pie topped with creamy mashed potato - we'll keep the salad cream though. :)

Peter M said...

Thanks for all your comments guys

BumbleVee said...

You were only a couple of hours from me here Peter....