What is it all about

Mainly about, photography from around the world and comments on everyday life. Also check out my website here and many of my travel and other various photos here on Flickr. The map below shows you where we have been over the past few years.

Hover Your Mouse Over The Green Bits!!




Monday, 29 October 2007

ABC Wednesday "O" is for obscure

Once again I am having to write this post early as I may not be able to do it on Wednesday.

Good news for me is I have now been offered a position at a local engineering company. I have accepted but not yet signed the contract. The reason for this is because I have another interview today at second stage, then I have to travel to Manchester this afternoon for a 2 day seminar and interview, that is why I am posting today.

"O" is for obscure, The next few photos are from various places, Greece, Alaska, Westonbirt National Forest, Cannock Chase, Venice, Lake District, I have had a fiddle on photoshop, let me know what you think because I want to know if it is worth pursuing this avenue.

Korcula, Greece

Leaf In Pencil From Westonbirt

Nuclear Dawn, Lake District

One Of Those Glaciers Again

Dog At Derwentwater

Venice

Soldiers

Tree At Cannock Chase

That Dog Again

Fish From Windermere

15 comments:

Kate Isis said...

My favourites, Nuclear desert, Venice, and the soldiers.
Soldiers in particular, the colours in that seem to give the photo more of a story.

Mike said...

It's not my cup of tea really Pete if I'm honest with you. The soldier looks like Mel Gibson. The first photo is great though. I'd have been well pleased if I'd taken it.

Peter M said...

Thanks Kate, glad you like

Mike, Understand your views, the soldier one has been posted before and yes he does look like mel and I have stated that on the post but that is coincidental, if you get chance look at the archive blog http://s192184774.websitehome.co.uk/archives/143

hpy said...

I like the first dog although I usually prefer cats.

kml said...

The nuclear one is aptly named for the scene it produced. I'm not sure what is up with those fish but it looks like a good spooky image - just right for halloween.

mrsnesbitt said...

I had a smile...love the lake district, we go when we can.

Good Luck with the job stuff.
Northern Britain is a great place to be.

WalksFarWoman said...

'Tree at Cannock Chase' is my favourite - it's fabulous. Close second is 'Soldiers' then 'That Dog Again'

I like playing with images - even if they're awful I can make fractals and other patterns from them. You have great enthusiasm!

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Thanks for reminding me of Westonbirt. I had my favorite day in England there.

I am going to add you to my ABC list.

Good Luck on the job.

Max-e said...

Hi Peter
This is real lateral thinking. Some interesting studies here

Jean M Fogle said...

EVen tho I usually go for the dog images, I like the tree image the best.

Andrea said...

Nice pictures.

photowannabe said...

Hey Peter, good luck with all the different job interviews. Hope you get just the one you want.
I like your "O" posts and its fun to tweek the pictures. I think my favorite is the leaf in pencil. It has a nice delicate quality to it. The Nuclear one is a message in one shot.

The Oswegan said...

Congratulations Peter.

Love the glacier shot.

~Oswegan

Ashley said...

Amazing photos. I love "that dog again"
Check out my Dog Blog :)

Peter M said...

Thanks for all the comments, thought I would try something different. May try something more normal for "P" but who knows