What is it all about

Mainly about, photography from around the world and comments on everyday life. Also check out my website here and many of my travel and other various photos here on Flickr. The map below shows you where we have been over the past few years.

Hover Your Mouse Over The Green Bits!!




Monday, 12 November 2007

ABC Wednesday, Quarry and a Quiet place

I thought "Q" was going to prove quite difficult but it quickly became apparent that I could do something Quirky. Question was, what was it? So I quizzed myself a few times and found I could get out of this quandry. I thought I would show a couple of photos of a local quarry and a few photos of a a hairy wee beasty and some feathered friends and a couple of deer, photographed in a quiet place on Cannock Chase.

Inquedible, I thought i would be stuck.

Quarry

To Me the 3rd photo looks like a moonscape


Quiet place for some of our animal and bird friends

In order:- Deer, A squirrel, Jay, Yellow Hammer, Blackbird, Chaffinch, Great Tit, Sparrow, Coal Tit

Deer


Grey Squirrel


Jay



Yellow Hammer


Blackbird


Chaffinch


Great Tit


Sparrow (well I thought it was but I have been informed that it is a Dunnock, thanks to anon)


Coal Tit


Hope you like my feathered and furry friends in my Quiet place

33 comments:

hpy said...

Quality and quantity.

Mike said...

Some great photos of birds there Pete. I like the Jay pic the best. The squirrel pics are fantastic too.

Neva said...

quite quirky! Loved your post! Quarry...something else I didn't think about.

Ackworth Born said...

so that is a coal tit!? just been watching one of those at my bird-feeder.

There were quarries in the village where I grew up and I used to wander around quite freely - we were always aware of the dangers without the need for huge warning signs.

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Happy Wednesday!

I hadn't seen the little yellow bird before. A very nice selection of pictures.

kml said...

I thought the Quarry pics were really good until I saw your birds - they're beautiful!!

RUTH said...

Love your photos of your furry and feathered friends. The quarry does look like a moonscape. Happy ABCing :o)

Kate Isis said...

Well done on solving the great Q mystery.
How on earth did you get those birds to just pose up for you like that?

mrsnesbitt said...

Quite a Quirky Post! Great stuff!

Oswegan said...

Quarry is a good one. I thought quarantine when I first saw it.

~Oswegan

Peter M said...

Thanks hpy

Peter M said...

Thanks Mike, you feeling sorry for me you left me a nice comment xx

Peter M said...

Neva, it's ok don't quarry

Peter M said...

ackworth, yes it is a coal tit, there are quite a few around this year

Peter M said...

There is a nice yellow bird at our local chinese, don't get me wrong they keep canaries.

Peter M said...

kml thank you, I love taking pictures of birds as you can see from my "M" post

Peter M said...

Cheers Ruth

Peter M said...

Kate, just threw them some nuts and they posed like Kate Moss.

Peter M said...

Cheers mrsnesbitt and Oswegan

david mcmahon said...

What an interesting post, Peter. I see you really did pursue your ``quarry''. That third shot is my favourite ....

WalksFarWoman said...

Such beautiful wildlife photo's of your quiet place. Quarries are strange places especially the old ones filled with water, they apeear quite sinister.

Misty Dawn said...

The quarry pics brought back memories (they were mining sand and gravel on our property before we moved).

Your animal shots are absolutely fantastic! Gorgeous beyond words, actually. I am very interested in what type of camera you use. I'm going to search your blog now to see if you have ever posted about your camera. You've got great talent.

Queen of My Domain said...

Great pictures, I really like the one of the Yellow Hammer. I

living is detail said...

These photos are absolutely stunning. I can't choose a favourite although the Jay has such a look of humour in his eye that it looks like he was in on the act. Then there's the squirrels and the gentle looking deer. Wow.

Peter M said...

misty dawn

Thank you very much for your nice comment.

The camera I am currently using is a Canon 300d, these photos were taken with a Canon 300 MM lens

Peter M said...

queen of my domain, thank you

Peter M said...

living is detail,

thank you for your comment, looks like your an animal lover too

photowannabe said...

Quite nice...

Annie said...

Hi Peter, Your quarry and friends photos are wonderful to see. You were quite ambitious with your Q project.

Château-Gontierdailyphoto said...

Today on my blog I suggest a visit photographic tour of Château in a few clicks.You simply duplicating the following address in your browsers.
Enjoy your visit. http://chateau-gontier-daily-photo.blogspot.com/

Peter M said...

Chateau, annie, photowannabe. Thank you for your comments

Anonymous said...

Hi, great pics although your "Sparrow" is actually a Dunnock.

Lilli & Nevada said...

What a wonderful set of photos of wildlife. The birds are great,
By the way i am adding you to my blog roll so i can come back more often