What is it all about

Mainly about, photography from around the world and comments on everyday life. Also check out my website here and many of my travel and other various photos here on Flickr. The map below shows you where we have been over the past few years.

Hover Your Mouse Over The Green Bits!!




Tuesday, 27 November 2007

ABC Wednesday "S"

Thought I would keep the wildlife theme going at the moment plus a local beauty spot and a strange building in Skagway Alaska.


Firstly there a couple of photographs of a stag recently taken in Cannock Chase an area of outstanding natural beauty just on my doorstep, literally, I mean, just turn right out of my house go to the end of the road and there it is.

This first one shows the stag looking dark and mysterious

This one looking curiously back at me and saying "watch it pal"

My third offering is that of a soaring kestrel, it may not be the sharpest picture but I had to be quick to take it and out of the car as well.

Moving on here are a couple of photographs of another local beauty spot, this is Shardlow, taken not too long ago, I really love the canal villages.

I really like the contrasting colours in the 1st photo, the reds green and blues and there are 2 great pubs right on the towpath as well.

Here is the second one of Shardlow.

Finally a photograph taken in Skagway in Alaska. This place is great a real cowboy come pioneer town

This is the Arctic Brotherhood Building, this was built 1899, the outside of the building is covered entirely in driftwood.

31 comments:

photowannabe said...

Terrific S posts. That's a magnificient stag and I love the building covered in driftwood.

Misty Dawn said...

Oh my gosh - these are absolutely fabulous!!! I have to admit, I'm experiencing some major photo opportunity jealousy ;-)

Kate Isis said...

So thats what a kestrel looks like (its the name of my street).
I love the second shot, the robert de niro stag and his antlers are fantastic.

hpy said...

There's just a C missing on the last picture to make it a real ABC one!

Ackworth Born said...

I particularly love the looking-back stag and the kestrel.

Mike said...

Shardlow is a very picturesque place. You could have stuck some of youe squirrel shots on there too. Great photos, the lot of them.

kml said...

Your deer images are beautiful!

Neva said...

I like all of your pictures....getting the shot of the stag is amazing and the canal -with all of the colors- is pretty darn nice!

Oswegan said...

Interesting colors on that stag.

I also really like the arctic brotherhood building, it looks very rustic.

~Oswegan

Peter M said...

photowannabe yes stags are magnificent and poser too

Peter M said...

Misty Don't be jealous, photography is subjective, occasionally objective but keep it as subjective

Peter M said...

Kate, could almost of been Clint Eastwood as in make my day

Peter M said...

HPY, yes you are quite right should of made it ABC

Peter M said...

Ackworth - animals can make both good and bad subjects

Peter M said...

Mike - Shardlow is a great place for a bike ride, as u no doubt know

Peter M said...

KML - thank you

Peter M said...

Neva - the stag was hard to take, one broken branch noise and he would be off

Peter M said...

Oswegan - Cheers

Andrea said...

A deer hunter would love to come up on that one. Love the reflection in the water too. Your pictures are all beautiful

mrsnesbitt said...

Sorry to disappoint you with the stripping! But you know how it is, being a biker's mol! LOL!
By the way, what bike do you ride?

Anyway.back to the pictures...

awesome!

Dxx

Annie said...

Hooray for these photos, Peter M. You know how to present the world and put it right on our doorsteps.

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Beautiful shots, peter. For some reason I am drawn to the second one of the town. It just screams England to me.

Jean M Fogle said...

Nice pics! We have deer here in the Mtns of VA but no stags, did have a bear in the back yard yesteday, wish I had gotten a pic in case we repeat abc weds!

dot said...

Really nice pictures and interesting post!

photowannabe said...

Love your comment on my post about the world wide web...Great comment Peter.

Lilli & Nevada said...

Love all the photos, but seeing the last one up close i have to say it is my favorite just because it is so unusual to see something made out of driftwood. Very nice

Peter M said...

mrsnesbitt

I ride a Suzuki VS 800 Intruder

Peter M said...

Thank you all for your comments, what will "T" bring, can't wait and I have no idea as yet

david mcmahon said...

Familiar sights from beautiful Skagway, Pete.

Fascinated to hear about your family's India connection.

Do tell me more when you have time ....

Peter M said...

David, thanx for comment, will update you shortly when I have scanned all photographs I have in my position

Nicole said...

As usual... amazing!
http://themoderngoddess.wordpress.com/