What is it all about

Mainly about, photography from around the world and comments on everyday life. Also check out my website here and many of my travel and other various photos here on Flickr. The map below shows you where we have been over the past few years.

Hover Your Mouse Over The Green Bits!!




Tuesday, 18 December 2007

ABC Wednesday "V" For Venice

The weather as once again not been too kind (usually when I am off work). I would love to be able to get out and take some fresh photos. Oh well! Christmas will soon be upon us and no doubt a few opportunities will arise. A few days away should do the trick as long as the weather is good.

ABC Wednesday is on Boxing Day next week so I will hopefully post a little earlier for "W". Are yes, W, that could be for weather be it good or bad.

I hope everyone is ready for the festive season and looking forward to it, presents, food, alcohol, rest, crap television, noisy kids if you have any (I don't) and preparing to return to work, Oh! so full of cheer I am. Just kidding, love this time of year, love any time of year when there is a holiday.

Well, here goes, for "V" I have picked Venice which we recently visited. This was on a cruise on the Ship Marco Polo (1st photo) parked in Venice harbour.

The 2nd installment is of part of the canal system taken at night and the 3rd of one of the colourful Gondoliers. I had the gondoliers once but a few tablets from my doctor soon put that right. Gondoliers (is there such thing as a Gondolmouth or a Gondolnose).

The 4th one is looking out to the Adriatic, the sea still has a colourful charm even in misty weather.

Thats all, but I will say if you ever get the opportunity then try to visit Venice, I am sure we will once more.




26 comments:

Oswegan said...

It looks nice. I've never been. When I was going to be there, the canals had been drained for cleaning. We went to Florence instead.

~Oswegan

Max-e said...

Hi Peter
Nice post and your pictures are great. They capture the atmosphere of the place.
Hope you have a great Christmas and good weather.

hpy said...

That's a place I would like to Visit, but so far I haven't had the opportunity. I hope I'll go there one day.

mrsnesbitt said...

I have visited venice, many years ago. What a wonderful place to visit.
However my biggest memory is of the sardine bolognese......sounds disgusting? It was......and my tummy suffered for many days! LOL! Merry christmas.
Dx

Hyde DP said...

a nice selection of photos - Venice has never quite tempted me and now perhaps it is too late - but never mind - happy crimbo

Andrea said...

I have never visited Venice. It looks like a wonderful place.

Jim Baker said...

venice... awesome... i've heard it stinks... is that true?

jim baker

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Never been to Italy but may try and get over there if the US dollar ever picks up again. Nice set of photos.

Happy Holidays to you.

dot said...

I'll never make it to Venice but sure enjoyed your photos!

Neva said...

I doubt I 'll get to Venice but those red seats in the gondola look awesome!

Lilli & Nevada said...

I would love to visit Venus, but till they make a road to get there i guess i will stay grounded. Seeing your photos will have to do.

Kate Isis said...

Venice .......sigh.

Definately on my must see list

RuneE said...

Venice - a place I have always wanted to visit. But isn't it a bit more sunny? The climate looks a bit like home...

Great colours!

Michele (Rocky Mtn.Girl) said...

Egads, those are mighty nice photos... Gondolnose? LOL... that's just too funny but either way thanks for dropping by... your pictures are stunning!
The Rocky Mountain Retreat

Peter M said...

hyde it is never too late

Peter M said...

andrea it certainly is

Peter M said...

Jim certain areas do, mainly on the canal system but I never really noticed

Peter M said...

Thanks for everyones comments

NYCindividual said...

It's more beautiful than I remember it! I almost did Venice for today's photo, but couldn't find any of my old photos of Venice. Yours are better anyway.

I just joined ABC Wednesday and thought I would stop by.

bonnie said...

Wow, these are beautiful. Do they really take the water out to clean it? Sounds more like a swimming pool.

kml said...

I really like the light and atmosphere in the second photo. Well done!

Peter M said...

NYCindividual Thanks for comments

Peter M said...

bonnie from memory I think they do something like that

Peter M said...

kml this is my fave shot too

ellie said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS PETER

mrsnesbitt said...

hEY PETER, YOU WILL BE PROUD OF MY x POST!