What is it all about

Mainly about, photography from around the world and comments on everyday life. Also check out my website here and many of my travel and other various photos here on Flickr. The map below shows you where we have been over the past few years.

Hover Your Mouse Over The Green Bits!!




Tuesday, 29 January 2008

ABC Wednesday B is For Bevy Of Boats

I have always had a fascination with water and therefore this has led to a fascination with boats or ships. I am not and will not or probably never will profess to be an expert on boats it's just that I like looking at the various designs shapes and colours.

I love canals, lakes, rivers and seas, well I certainly like to look and travel on them and one cannot help to bump into various types of watercraft. So, this B thingy has given me the opportunity to show you a few forms of the watercraft I have seen and photographed. It was a difficult choice, there are some that I have not posted for example the HMS Victory which i am sure everyone has heard of, seen on TV or visited or should do at some stage in their life.

Draw your own conclusions and let me know what you think of the following photographs, once again from my point of view they are purely subjective impressions.

Everyone, please enjoy and be involved with ABC Wednesday.

Well, here they are with a small description, don't get too bored because there are several:

Three Pleasure Boats At Kassiopi, Corfu

Love The Colours of These Fishing Nets And Contrast With The Sky At Kassiopi, Corfu

A Classic View Of Rowing Boats On Derwentwater, The Lake District

College Fjord, Alaska, A Bear Hunt (Note Not A Real Bear)

Copenhagen, The Albert Maersk, The Largest Container Ship On The seas

Copenhagen, The Albert Maersk In Comparison With A Pilot Tug Boat (Little And large)

Gdansk, Poland, A Pilot Boat, I Like The Mute Colours in This

A Little Closer To Home, Five Boats At Low Tide At Cadgwith, Cornwall

Shardlow, A Local Beauty Spot With The Addition Of A Canal Narrow Boat

Three River Cruisers In St. Petersburg, Russia

A Working Ship, St. Petersburg, Russia

A Sailing Ship In Stockholm (Thanks to Ackworth for reminding me it is the af-Chapman and is a floating youth hostel)

Another Boat In Stockholm, Perhaps Mike If He Manages To Look this Week Can Tell Me What Type

Have a fruitful ABC Wednesday

46 comments:

Neva said...

Wow, I have never seen so many different types of boats. What a great "B".

Kate Isis said...

My favourite, the rowing boats. I'm a sucker for timber. Beautiful colours.

photowannabe said...

An amazing variety of boats from all over the world. Great choice for the letter B. Terrific shots with such good coloring.

RuneE said...

You have a large collection of boats (and ships). A theme never dries up.

hpy said...

I like boats (and vessels to say like Runee) very much.

Ackworth Born said...

a bevy of boats indeed - did you know that the sailing-ship in Stockholm is the af-Chapman and is a floating youth hostel?

Peter M said...

ackworth - I was told it was something but forgot, thanks for reminding me

Ida said...

A great set of photos.
Lot`s of boats.
I`m looking forward to spring and the boat trips. :)
Longing....

I sailed through The Panama Canal once. Exciting. ;)

Sharon said...

You have traveled a lot. I love this bevy of boats, what a great "B" post. I had to smile at the "bear hunt." I found the info about each interesting. thanks for sharing.

HildeS. said...

Many good B-photos,
the photo from Cornwall, is very nice. *me love*

Peter M said...

Hilde S- me love Cornwall too

DarylE said...

Its breathtaking this bevy of boats

DeeMom said...

WOW sums up all of these pictures...

Mike said...

The unknown boat is a Trimaran, 60 feet in length, very similar in design to Ellen MacArthur's record breaking B&Q boat. The boat you took the picture of is an out and out race machine and extremely fast. On a fast reach the boat's leeward and central hull will lift clean out the water. There's no creature comforts on board, all very basic to keep the weight down. It looks to me like a few lucky people are out on a corporate trip. It's a good job it's not a windy day as this would put the fear of god up the poor passengers. The cost, well, you're into the millions.

Pernille's ting og tang said...

So many beautyfull boats:) Lovely photos and beautyfull colors!
Thanks for your kindly komments:) You make my day:)

Gordon said...

A great "B" post; such a variety of boats.

'JoAnn's-Digital-Eyes' said...

wow! This is a blog of my heart I love BOATS!!! ad the way you show them is awsome great!!!!

See on my blog, what I made (the first time) for ABC wednesday,I made music combined with photography

Greetings from JoAnn Holland

Nicole said...

That's definitely a bevy of boats! Great photos. :D

edmundnesbitt said...

hello Uncle Peter.
I will be going on a big ship when I go on my exploration to norway in June.

Great pictures.
My first ABC Wednesday picture is on my blog!

Cheers!
Edmund (the explorer) nesbitt

Gemma said...

Enjoyed this...particularly loved the photos at Cornwall and Shardlow on canal.
:-)

Peter M said...

Thanks for that brief description Mike

Peter M said...

Joann - Very clever with music and photos

Peter M said...

Thanks for comment Edmund you are Beary welcome

Andrea said...

I have seen a lot of boats today but this is the first Bevy of Boats I have seen. These are all beautiful

dot said...

I've never seen such different and beautiful boats. Great pictures!

kml said...

What a great collection of images - love the tall ship!

GAWO said...

Many lovely boats here.:-)

Dragonstar said...

Beautiful! I love the Cornish boats.

imac said...

Nice BBBBBBoats.

My ABC is now up.
also next post =they are real

Katney said...

Wow! You really do love boats, don't you? I have enjoyed the tour, and I will go look at the butterfly link you gave me as well.

Paulie said...

Some really neat BOAYS there! By comparison,my one small boat collecting snow in a backyard is pretty pathetic.

Max-e said...

Nice selection of pictures Peter. Most enjoyable post

leslie said...

What a great bevy of boats from all over the world! Great idea!

bonnie said...

I love all your boats. I wish I were so close to the water.

leslie said...

Hi again,thanks for poppin' by. I went over to look at your Flickr photos and they're marvelous. I've been on 2 Alaska cruises and it is great. Next time for me it's a warmer climate, though. :D

Argument Cottage said...

I love boats too I had a similar piccie of fishing boats but taken in Galipoli Italy with the men sitting next to their nets, it was great........The sea is so magnetic and these photos epitomise the range of 'life' on them, great!!

VP said...

... And lots of Blue sky to go with all those boats!

Annie said...

I hope sometime you will come and photograph a boat on the Arkansas River, right here in Little Rock.

Lilli & Nevada said...

great bunches of boats but i think my favorite is the last one

lv2scpbk said...

Wonderful collection of boat photos for "B" day.

Peter M said...

Thanks for all your comments I have added all the new people to my blogroll.

DigitalShutterMania said...

Superb boat photo collections : )

Εμμανουήλ said...

Excellent Photographic material!!!

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Really nice B Boat photos.

I especially love the Canal Narrow and Cornwall.
I think they would be great in a painting.

Have a Blessed Happy Fun
Creative Healthy Year!!!

Sheilalu said...

Wow! Lovely pictures you have here. I like the different shape of the boats and the beautiful clouds...

flowers said...

great, being here, its like traveling, like a discovery channel