What is it all about

Mainly about, photography from around the world and comments on everyday life. Also check out my website here and many of my travel and other various photos here on Flickr. The map below shows you where we have been over the past few years.

Hover Your Mouse Over The Green Bits!!




Tuesday, 22 January 2008

ABC Wednesday "A" Is For Abstract

This is great, now I can start from "A", missed about 13 weeks probably by starting late in the project (if that is what it is). I keep looking out of the window hoping for a drop or spell of some decent weather, I guess it is a long way off. Never mind, I thought I would do something different as usual and conjure up some concoction.

I bet my post is not everybody's cup of tea but once again it is subjective. You could call it almost lazy, I have taken 3 of my favourite photos and turned them into abstract art or something resembling that word.

Here they are, be totally subjective in your comments, it gives me an idea of thoughts surrounding this type of art.

The original can be seen here Click Me Please

The original can be seen here Click Me Please

The original can be seen here Click Me Please

Have fun over the next few weeks and look forward to Spring and Summer and some good old fashioned Motorbiking

23 comments:

Neva said...

what a great post....abstracts....something I did not think of! Good choice.

Kate Isis said...

I love these, not clever enough to do them but clever enough to appreciate them.
Simply brilliant.

Ackworth Born said...

I really like the first one - almost like a fractal and a distance from the original photo.

The other two I'm less keen on as they look like "messing about with software" - with the first you have managed to create something new and possibly still with the essence of the original, but with these I don't get that sensation.

RuneE said...

Great A and great pictures. BTW, Another use of abstract is as a summary of an academic paper. Maybe there is a connection? :-)

mrsnesbitt said...

Absolutely Awesome! LOL!
make sure you sign up over on my blog each week with Mr Linky. people will know you are participating.
D

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Love them! I just went to the Museum of Modern Art (MoMa) in NYC and saw some things that looked like this. They have a huge Picasso collection and your bottom photo is reminiscent of that style.

kml said...

That is a cool way to make an abstract - good thinking!

NYCindividual said...

Very abstract, indeed. I like! I use Corel Photo to make abstract photos myself.

Dragonstar said...

I like these, but I like the first most - full of light.

dot said...

I love these! I tried to pick a favorite but each one has things I like.

VP said...

I particularly like the first one - very impressionistic. I have a similar version of picture 2 which was submitted for my A level photography practical. Mine was a shot through our bathroom glass window though! The third reminds me of David Hockney...

Thanks for such a thought provoking post!

Paulie said...

Neat idea for "A." Although I don't like abstract personally, you did a good job!

Ida said...

Great A! :)
I love no. 2.
What part of Norway did you visit? ;)

I`m new on ABC, by the way.

Mr. Mapper said...

Neat effect

bonnie said...

These effects are so interesting. I like the originals as well.

Lilli & Nevada said...

Wow that is fantastic love it

Peter M said...

Thank you all very much for your comments on this re start of ABC.

Peter M said...

Ida it was Oslo, thanx

Andrea said...

Amazing artwork also.

Katney said...

We visited Ketchikan last summer and somehow my totem pole phots don't look anything like yours--LOL.

It's fun to mess with photos, as long as you don't lose the originals, which I also found lovely.

Stop by to see my A floral offering.

Gordon said...

The transformations are amazing; this is not something I have even contemplated. A for Abstract - a great post.

Max-e said...

Great post Peter. abstracts are my cup of tea, so I will be checking out the originals

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Awesome! I really like them a lot.

The first one and the last one I
could not tell what they might be.

The second I had a pretty good
idea.

Have a Blessed Year!!!