What is it all about

Mainly about, photography from around the world and comments on everyday life. Also check out my website here and many of my travel and other various photos here on Flickr. The map below shows you where we have been over the past few years.

Hover Your Mouse Over The Green Bits!!




Wednesday, 13 February 2008

ABC Wednesday. "D". One Dreary, One Degenerated, One Dead And Two Dramatic

Hi folks, hope everyone is ok. Well "D" gave me a lot to get my teeth into, so I thought I would post some photos I took a little while ago which were mainly used for exhibition at a photographic society. Only one of them was a winner and that was the last one that I have posted for "D".

This first one is of a water pump station house which I think is very foreboding and a little "Dreary", would you want to spend the night there.

The second is of a dilapidated barn in Shropshire which must surely have a lot of history behind it. It certainly has "Degenerated".

This one, I think almost speaks for itself, yes it is "Dead". I love the colours and contours in this photo, it looks just as good in mono

This is the first of the "Dramatic" photos. This is a classic shot of Ashness Bridge in the Lake District. I tried to give the water a cotton wool blurred effect.

The second of the "Dramatic" shots. A Peacock putting on a fantastic display, this one won me a medal in a nature section.

I will be around as many of you as I can to look at your "D" work. Bye For Now

22 comments:

Paulie said...

Definitely a lot of interesting D photos. I think the dramatic peacock is so special because of the blue body.

Max-e said...

Hi Peter, as usual you have a great series of pictures. I really like the one of the fence.

dot said...

All of yur pictures are just wonderful! I really like the unique fence and the peacock is fantastic.

Andrea said...

My favorite is the third and fourth. Love the fence the best though. Good shots

Neva said...

What a great "D"....love the dreary to the dramatic!!

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Outstanding! I really like the bridge, Peacock and the house.

Yes I think I would love to stay in the house.

I almost moved into a barn that was turned into a house. I really like photos of barns like this.

The fence I think I would plant something inside that tree. Love the fence going through it.

Have a Blessed Happy Fun
Creative Healthy Year!!!

Deb said...

From the dreary to the dramatic... very interesting lot of D's! :D

Ida said...

I love every single one of them! Especially the last one. Very good! :)

Ida said...

When enlarging the photo of the Peacock, it looks amazing! :)
Brilliant!

mrsnesbitt said...

A great selection peter!
Driffield was a bit of a letdown and we ended up at Stanford Bridge. It is fun just heading somewhere simply because it starts with a "D"....not sure about this weekend, hubby has shed loads of work in so I may have to look ELSEWHERE for my inspiration! LOL do you get it??? LOL!

Hyde DP said...

I'd call that barn Derelict!

VP said...

A great set of Ds Peter. I like the 'Dead' picture best and would like to see a B&W version - I think it would really bring out the textural feel to the photo...

abbagirl74 said...

Thank you for stopping by. Your photos are beautiful!

DeeMom said...

I was especially entranced with the dead tree. It had been in a fence line and adjusted its growth to it. We also have fence lines where trees have encompassed fencing, quite interesting. Liked the barn and the peafowl…heck they are all great pictures.

RuneE said...

A great selction of Ds - I think I prefer the tree.

Gordon said...

A really great set of photos; all are beautiful in their own way. Congratulations on winning a medal for the peacock.

Helena said...

Great choices for 'D', superb photo's. Love that fence!

I like photo's of old buildings that are Disappearing into history.... sad but peacefully resigned....

Dragonstar said...

I'm not surprised you won a medal with that peacock photo!
My favourite is that dead tree - lovely shapes and patterns.

GAWO said...

A lot of interesting D. And your Peacock is fantiastic.

Katney said...

It is a good collection of Ds. The peacock is dramatic because of the way the photo is cropped. I have peacock photos in my files, and cropping them for interesting effect is fun--you can come up with several dramatic compositions from the same snap.

Petunia said...

I just love this D post! Thank you for sharing it with us!

Alisha said...

Hi,

I'm Alisha from Wowzio, and I'm excited to tell you about our new widget platform that helps bloggers increase readership by providing engaging widgets containing your blog's rich content. You can check out widgets customized for your blog here:

Wowzio Widgets for your Blog

I wanted to reach out to you to ask for your feedback on these widgets (feel free to install them on your blog, if you feel they are a good fit). I'm sorry for leaving this message via a comment, it's not at all our intent to spam you ( which is why i'm leaving this comment on an older post and you can always remove this comment ). Again, we would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks,
Alisha Wright
alisha.wright1@gmail.com